Competition

🏆 Boolean Competition #3 🏆

• 11 January 2023
  • 9 Replies
🏆 Boolean Competition #3 🏆
Userlevel 7

This competition has closed, winner announced in comments. Our next competition (with new prizes) has been launched HERE - you don’t want to miss it!

Are you ready to put your Boolean skills to the test? Join us in a Boolean Competition among your fellow Community members. 

How do I Enter? 

• Join the Boolean Academy Wizards Group

• Review the Boolean scenario posted below 

• Reply to this thread with your best Boolean Search Suggestion (No peeking 🧐at other responses before posting)

How do I Win? 

• Once you reply to this thread you will be entered in a prize drawing

• 1 lucky winner will be picked  🎉

What can I Win? 

•  Be the Office Hero - Win a Team Pizza Party! 

t7C1eCvEkREMfK3Kgbv5TX8HChdNtsFxseITYr9AxcYn2dOJJ6en0jbaPzc57i-rZmDSWVB5b-09YNhHxBG2EDJlPCGXJJX6KrhTsVjTZrTlZcbIwowPqYoIVohvhq5IcVujgS95FKHpimWUaNleXkC87-C4lR1LKL5EyAf2tOICrrUs6Cxa7PkZpqL2QA

We’ll have a Pizza lunch delivered to your office (or location of choice) to be shared with your teammates. Limit 5 pizzas + drinks. 

Competition Timeline: 

• Entries can be made Today, January 11th - Wednesday, February 1st. 

• The winners will be drawn and announced Thursday, February 2nd. 

Drumroll đŸ„Â please
. Without further ado your next Boolean Scenario: 

Just in time for those New Year's Resolutions Nike and Netflix are partnering to launch free fitness content. Nike would like to track all news content around this new partnership but does not want the content cluttered with any mentions of their new Jordan Brand partnership. 

What Boolean would you suggest? Check out a HINT on a new boolean operator 😉

Reply with your boolean string suggestion on this thread. 

Note: I will share the recommended Boolean with you via Private Message after your entry. 

Don’t forget to join the Boolean Academy Wizards Group!  You can practice your boolean skills before entry plus check out additional training resources to help you out in the competition. 

Who’s ready to compete? 

Good luck! 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

((infoType:”social”) AND (Nike OR Netflix OR "Nike/Netflix") AND ("Nike Training Club" OR NTC OR "Free fitness" OR "Training Club" OR "NETFLIX & SWEAT") OR (event:"partner*" AND eventCompany:Nike AND Netflix) NOT ("one low fee" OR "Air Jordan" OR "UNION x Air Jordan"))

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

(Nike OR Netflix) AND (“Nike fitness” OR “training” OR “fitness”) AND (eventCompany: Nike AND Netflix) NOT (“Jordan” OR “Air Jordon” OR “Nike Jordan”)

Userlevel 2

(Nike OR Netflix) AND (Partnering OR Partner or Partnership OR Partner*)  NOT (“Air Jordan” OR Jordan's) 

Userlevel 3

(
((Nike AND Netflix) AND (training OR “training club” OR exercise OR "online exercise" OR "online fitness" OR workout OR “work out” OR gym OR "streamable fitness” OR “fitness class” OR “exercise class” OR “gym class” OR “online exercise”)) 
OR (“Nike Training Club” NEAR/10 Netflix)
OR (event:launch AND eventCompany:Netflix AND eventCompany:Nike)
) 

NOT (“Nike Jordan Brand” OR “Michael Jordan” OR “Air Jordans” OR Jordan)

Userlevel 2

((Nike AND Netflix 

AND (“training club” OR training OR fitness OR content OR exercise* OR workout* OR “gym class”) 

NOT (“Jordan*” or “Air Jordan*”))

OR (Netflix NEAR Sweat))

AND infoType:"news”

Userlevel 6
Badge +25

((event: partnership AND eventCompany: Nike AND Netflix) AND (infoType:“news”) AND (Nike OR Netflix) AND (“fitness content” OR “free fitness” OR “free fitness content”) NOT (“Jordan” OR “Nike Jordan” OR “Nike Jordans” OR “Jordan Brand” OR “Air Jordan”))

Userlevel 4
Badge

(infoType:"news" AND (event: partnership AND (event company: Nike OR Netflix)) AND (“free fitness content” OR “online fitness” OR “Netflix and train club”)) NOT (“Jordan*” OR “Air  Jordan” OR “Nike x Jordan” OR “Luca”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Danny Gardner @melissa.walters  - There’s still time 😁

Userlevel 7

I’m excited to announce the winner of our 3rd Boolean Competition! And the office hero and winner of a team pizza party is

ukH0Jhozm3NXw64ePbkzaink2HWqlIN2ZD_PwDxXwJeikNTLq2mz80dYD5lAyWJzGEcCYC7eDxFpPhejmf0WCIOJGJEKEEEnhVaxVXyV1BCm55yuOLqo_lSX0T0hWJKQA_7vbflwK1gisnFcl2g0UHA

Congratulations @DEClarke, you’re the office hero and won a team Pizza Party!! Check your PMs for a message from me on details. 

Thank you to all who entered! To continue in the fun check out the February Competition (with new prizes) - you don’t want to miss it. Good luck! 

The recommended Boolean string to this competition is below: 

((event: partnership AND eventCompany: Nike AND Netflix) OR (infoType:“news”) AND (Nike AND Netflix) AND (“fitness content” OR “free fitness” OR “free fitness content”) NOT (“Jordan” OR “Nike Jordan” OR “Nike Jordans” OR “Jordan Brand” OR “Air Jordan”))

Of course there is no one right answer - I loved seeing how each of you created your boolean strings :)Â