Skip to main content
#ExpertsWithInsights

Meet Gloria Imevbore, #ExpertWithInsights (Brand Strategy)

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 Replies
Meet Gloria Imevbore, #ExpertWithInsights (Brand Strategy)

Meet Gloria

Hello there! I'm Gloria Imevbore and I’m mCommunity’s #ExpertWithInsights for January. I’m excited to spend this month talking about brand strategy and influencer marketing with you all. 

I have spent the past seven years in Marketing and Communications, and I’m currently the Head of Community Management & PR at Interswitch Group. I am passionate about creating strong brand identities and building communities around them, as well as acting as a liaison between the brand and its audience. It’s important to me to ensure that lines of communication between these two sides remain open.

I also volunteer as a faculty advisor with First Founders, and was recognized in 2023 as one of the top FinTech PR professionals by Propel. Aside from First Founders, I currently volunteer as the Lead, Brand Manager for Rophe Global (a faith-based NGO focused on reaching individuals in unreached communities with free medical supplies/care, charity initiatives and evangelism through mission trips) and SpeakUp (an NGO focused on teenage and young adult victims of sexual abuse/violence). These causes are really important to me, as they address the needs of individuals who often go unnoticed or receive insufficient attention. I am a strong advocate for justice, a strong believer that people should not live a life marked by poverty or shame, and I am committed to ensuring that these individuals have normal, healthy, and empowered lives.

About Interswitch Group

Interswitch is a digitally integrated payments and commerce company with a primary focus on Africa. Our core mission is to enable the seamless electronic flow of money and the exchange of value between individuals and organizations consistently and efficiently.

Since our inception in 2002 in Nigeria, we initiated our operations as a transaction switching and electronic payment processing entity. Over the years, we have undergone a transformative journey, evolving into a comprehensive payment services company. Our scope now extends to building and overseeing payment infrastructure, while also introducing innovative payment products and transactional services across the African continent.

My #Experts Focus

What I find most captivating about my work is employing both conventional and unconventional methods for brand goals - one moment you’re working with tried and tested methods in marketing and the next you’re exploring ideas that are totally out of the box For someone who gets easily bored with routine work, this dynamic approach adds an element of excitement and challenge, creating a perfect blend for cultivating passion and fostering professional growth.

Throughout my career journey, working on several brands, engaging with customers face to face and observing their behaviors online has provided  valuable insights to creating content that resonates, enhancing customers’ experiences in communities, developing impactful campaigns, and so many great lessons that contribute to guiding my approach to community engagement.  I'm thrilled to share my knowledge on brand building and influencer marketing in the digital age. 

Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect each Monday in January:

• Monday, January 15: 
  • Monday, January 22: 
  • Monday, January 29: 

More About Me

In my spare time, I enjoy watching movies/TV shows, cooking, and taking my dog for walks. I'm also passionate about writing and currently working on a nonfiction book to be published one day!  

Meet Skylar! (aka The Sky)

I look forward to spending January with you, and diving into brand strategy! 

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gloriaimevbore/

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Thank for sharing all of this! Good luck on your book! 

Userlevel 4

Thank for sharing all of this! Good luck on your book! 

Thank you, Maria!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This was really great. Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Thanks for sharing!

Comment