Skip to main content

Hi!
So I’m pretty new to meltwater still, so forgive me if the question is a bit rookie. 
I'm looking at some talents and want to know their reach on different social media platforms. I’m able to see their instagrams but not TikTok and YouTube channels. I’m searching with boolean “author:”jeppelgaard”” for example but nothing is coming up.

Is there something I need to set up for searching YouTube and TikTok as well as there is for Facebook and instagram? 

Any help is appreciated 🙏🏻

Hey @RonjaSolberg - don’t worry about questions being a bit rookie - that’s what we’re here for 😊

Does the author you’re searching for use the exact same handle on all socials (specifically YouTube)? The name needs to be an exact match for their YouTube display name to return results. Sometimes author names will be slightly different between platforms, so you would want to include their YouTube handle in your query.

TikTok listening isn’t currently available (per TikTok’s terms of service) but is currently in development and will be available #soon 🙌 Once TikTok listening is out, we’ll have a better picture of what the custom boolean will look like for that particular source, although I would imagine that it will likely be similar to YouTube in that it will require an exact match of their username.

I tried to reproduce your search results to see if I could work around this but I actually don’t even see an Instagram user with the handle “jeppelgaard” so I don’t think I even made it as far as you did 😅 ​​​​​​​

@RonjaSolberg - You aren’t able to see reach for influencers/creators in Explore just mentions (if they were a journalist you would see reach).  Do you have Klear? This is where you can see reach data.  Here is an example of the above:

Thank you both for your answers, it helps a lot! 🙌🏻

I don’t have Klear - but will definitely check it out, thank you!

Comment