Skip to main content
Podcast

Episode 18: Building Bridges and Brands with Marisa Lather

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 Reply
Episode 18: Building Bridges and Brands with Marisa Lather

Today I’m excited to share my conversation with Marisa Lather, the Director of Marketing Communications at Bridge Partners.

Earlier this year, Marisa was a part of the Meltwater virtual panel discussion 2024 MarComms Trends: Setting You Up for Success, where she shared insights that were so valuable that I simply had to invite her to join me for this full episode. She did not disappoint - Marisa’s experience, insights, and actionable advice around building brands (both personal and professional) and creating mutually beneficial relationships with other teams are not to be missed.

Whether you’re new to marketing or a seasoned pro looking for a fresh perspective, have a watch and let Marisa inspire you!

Takeaways:

• (6:48) Speaking each others’ language can help Sales and Marketing teams align their goals.
  • (10:32) “People want to do business with people they like, and that’s what a brand is.”
  • (13:13) When working on a smaller team, it’s important to stay connected to the organization as a whole, and to know how to inspire people to come along on your vision.
  • (19:25) The metrics that matter are the people you inspire! Sometimes it’s about just reaching the right person, right channel, right message, right time.
  • (24:47) Your brand - personal or professional - is your chance to tell people what they should think of you.
  • (25:29) Marisa’s tips for executives (or anyone) working to build a personal brand on social!
  • (31:53) Content Marketing and Thought Leadership are two different techniques, and it’s important to understand the differences.
  • (35:00) “There’s no such thing as too little content” - actionable advice for scaling thought leadership content creation within an organization. 
  • (39:46) One of the benefits of building a personal brand is using it as a sandbox for what you might then recommend to a company.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Thanks for sharing this recording, good stuff!

Comment