Practice

Boolean Practice 1: AND OR NOT

Show first post

144 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

(Princess Leia AND Luke Skywalker) NOT Darth Vader.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Great boolean, @Gavin! I’m about to send you the answer keys for this exercise and boolean practice 2, so be sure to check your DMs ✨

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

SCENARIO 2:

Find documents that mention at least one of the following keywords: hamburgers, veggie burgers, and chicken tenders. All documents should also include the keyword drive-through.

(hamburgers OR “veggie burgers”) AND (“chicken tender”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

SCENARIO 3:

Find documents that mention Delta Airlines but not the keywords: travel dealscoupons, or discounts.

(“travel deals” OR coupons OR discounts)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Awesome job, @nubasian7 and @BarBell24 (and good job getting those POINTS! 🙌) 

I’m about to send you the answers to this exercise, so keep an eye on your DMs! 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Scenario 1 👵

Find documents that mention Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker but don’t mention Darth Vader.

((“Princess Leia” AND “Luke Skywalker”) NOT “Darth Vader”)

Scenario 2 🍔

Find documents that mention at least one of the following keywords: hamburgers, veggie burgers, and chicken tenders. All documents should also include the keyword drive-through.

(“drive-through” AND (hamburgers OR “veggie burgers” OR “chicken tenders”))

Scenario 3 ✈

Find documents that mention Delta Airlines but not the keywords: travel dealscoupons, or discounts.

(“Delta Airlines” NOT (“travel deals” OR coupon OR discounts)) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Scenario 1 👵 

(“Princess Leia” AND “Luke Skywalker”) NOT “Darth Vader”

Scenario 2 🍔

“Drive-through” AND (Hamburgers OR “Veggie burgers” OR “Chicken tenders”)

Scenario 3 ✈

“Delta Airlines” NOT (“travel deals” OR “coupons” OR “discounts”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nice work @Cristina Mendes and @Sandyreyes! @Jacinda Espinosa is on PTO until Thursday. She will send you the answer keys then (apologies for the delay).

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No rush at all. Thanks for the update @kelly.bebenek :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice work @Cristina Mendes and @Sandyreyes@Jacinda Espinosa is on PTO until Thursday. She will send you the answer keys then (apologies for the delay).

No worries, thank you! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

“Delta Airlines” NOT  (“travel deals” OR coupons OR discounts)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey everyone - I’m back and ready with your answer keys! ✨ Please check your DMs for those.

• @Sandyreyes - I’ve sent you the answer key for this exercise (Boolean Practice 1)
  • @Melissa Barreca and @Cristina Mendes, I’ve sent you the answers for both this exercise and Boolean Practice 2

Thanks so much for sharing your work here 🕺

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Scenario 1

(“Princess Leia” AND “Luke Skywalker”) NOT “Darth Vader”

Scenario 2

Hamburgers OR “Veggie Burgers” AND “Chicken Tenders” AND “Drive-Through”

Scenario 3

"Delta Airlines" NOT ("travel deals" or coupons or discounts)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@ShelleyF - Great work! I’ll send you the answer keys for this exercise and Boolean Practice 2, so keep an eye on your DMs! ✨

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is this an ongoing practice space? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @BarBell24 - it is! These boolean practice exercises are tied directly to our mAcademy boolean courses Creating Searches with Boolean: Foundations and Creating Searches with Boolean: Advanced and are here to let anyone taking the courses share their answers 💫

Badge

Here’s what I think… but not sure. Could I please get the answer key? :) 

1. (“Princess Leia” AND “Luke Skywalker”) NOT “Darth Vader”
  2. “Drive-through” AND (“hamburgers” OR “veggie burgers” OR “chicken tenders”)
  3. “Delta Airlines” NOT (“travel deals” OR “coupons” OR “discounts”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @anushkamalik - great job 💫 I’ve DMed you the answer key for this exercise, let me know if you have any questions! 

Badge

“Princess Leia” AND “Luke Skywalker” NOT “Darth Vader”

Comment