Competition

🏆 April Boolean Competition 🏆

• 29 March 2023
  • 7 Replies
🏆 April Boolean Competition 🏆
Userlevel 7

This competition has closed, winners announced in comments. Our next competition (with our best prize yet) has been launched HERE - you don’t want to miss it!

Are you ready to put your Boolean skills to the test? Join us in a new Boolean Competition among your fellow Community members. 

How do I Enter? 

• Join the Boolean Academy Wizards Group

• Review the Boolean scenario posted below 

• Reply to this thread with your best Boolean Search Suggestion (No peeking 🧐 at other responses before posting)

How do I Win? 

• Once you reply to this thread you will be entered in a prize drawing

• 1 lucky winner will be picked  🎉

What can I Win?  

• A $25 giftcard of your choice! Maybe this can add to your coffee budget, a little shopping spree or even dinner? 

Competition Timeline: 

• Entries can be made Today, March 29th - Tuesday, April 25th. 

• The winner will be drawn and announced Wednesday, April 26th.

Drumroll 🥁 please…. Without further ado your next Boolean Scenario: 

Each season Starbucks ☕ comes out with a seasonal menu featuring new drinks. Below you will find the Boolean used to pull in news mentions of their “Winter Feels Menu”. Instead of creating a new search can you help the Starbucks marketing team adjust the current search to pull in mentions of their new spring menu

Current Season Boolean Search: 

((infotype:”news”) AND (Starbucks AND (“Winter Menu” OR “Winter Feels Menu”) 

What needs to be updated: 

• The team would like to view social mentions in addition to news mentions. 
  • The new menu can be referred to as “Spring Menu” or “Cue Spring Mood”. 
  • The team is looking for prominent mentions of Starbucks. For example: 
    • Starbucks should be mentioned in the first paragraph
    • Starbucks should be mentioned within 10 words of the seasonal menu 
      ​​​​​

How would you update the boolean? Don’t forget you can utilize the resources in the Boolean Academy Wizards Group. Reply with your boolean string suggestion on this thread.

Note: I will share the recommended Boolean with you via Private Message after your entry. 

Who’s ready to compete? 💪

Good luck! 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

((infotype:”news” OR infoType:”social”) AND (Starbucks AND (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”)) AND (“Starbucks” OR “Spring Menu” OR “Starbucks Coffee” NEAR/10) 

Userlevel 2
Badge

((infotype:”news”) OR (infotype:”social”)) AND (Ingress:“Starbucks” NEAR/10 (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”)) 

Userlevel 4
Badge

(((infoType:“news”) OR (infoType:“social”)) AND ((Ingress:“Starbucks”) NEAR/10 (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”)))

Userlevel 3
Badge

((infoType:“news” OR infoType:”social”) AND (Starbucks Near/10 (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”) AND (Starbucks AND (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”))))

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

(((infotype:”news” OR infoType:”social”) AND (Starbucks AND (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”)) AND (“Starbucks” OR “Spring Menu” OR “Starbucks Coffee” NEAR/10)) AND NOT ++“RT”)

Userlevel 3

((infotype:”news” OR infotype:”social”) AND ingress:”Starbucks” NEAR/10 (“Spring Menu” OR “Cue Spring Mood”))

Userlevel 7

I’m excited to announce the winner of the April Boolean Competition! The winner is…. 

Congratulations @LaurenM you’re the winner of a $25 gift card! Check your PMs for a message from me on how to redeem. 😃

Thank you to all who entered! To continue in the fun check out the May Competition (with our best prize yet) - I promise, you don’t want to miss it 😎

Check out a recommended Boolean string below: 

((infotype:"news" OR infotype:"social") AND (Ingress:Starbucks NEAR/10 ("Spring Menu" OR “Cue Spring Mood”)))

Of course there is no one right answer - I loved seeing how each of you created your boolean strings.