Skip to main content
Closing Ceremonies

🥇 Closing Ceremonies: mOlympian 2024 Summer Games! 🥇

• 13 September 2024
  • 11 Replies
🥇 Closing Ceremonies: mOlympian 2024 Summer Games! 🥇

The Wait Is Over!

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to ensure that we calculated the points and challenges as accurately and fairly as possible. It is now my great pleasure to celebrate all of you as we bring these first ever mOlympian Summer Games to a close.

I’m not going to keep you in any more suspense - I know why you’re all here! So please allow me to announce the results of our tabulations (for complete results, you can view the full leaderboards in spreadsheet form here):

Most Points Earned:

The main event was an incredibly close contest, coming down to a difference of just 20 points between gold and silver! 😳 These numbers are calculated based on mCommunity and mAcademy activity. For more details on how points were totaled, see our announcement post, 🏅 Ever Wanted to be the Communications Manager for the Summer Olympics?

Medal Winner Points Total (Jul 30 - Sep 6)
🥇 (mCommunity Crocs + Apple Watch) @Inge 11,520
🥈 (m Community Crocs + Raycon Work earbuds) @Maria Dehne 11,500
🥉 (mCommunity Crocs) @Cristina Mendes 10,295

Most Unique Dashboard Pageviews:

This number came from our Google Analytics Active Users metric, which shows the number of unique pageviews per page during the span of the competition. Again, these numbers were very close! 

Medal Winner Total Unique Pageviews (As of Sep 6)
🥇 (mCommunity Crocs + Fitbit Luxe) @amecham (Snoop Dogg at the Paris Olympics) 104
🥈 (mCommunity Crocs + Raycon Work earbuds) @Suman Chanda (2024 Paris Olympics Gender Controversy Coverage) 96
🥉 (mCommunity Crocs) @Inge (Was Raygun Really All That Bad?) 73

Most Upvoted/Liked Dashboard:

This number is the total upvotes on the final dashboard challenge submission. This is based on the likes on the actual submission post only, and does not include likes on comments in the thread. These numbers are based on totals from the end of the contest, last Friday, September 6.

Medal Winner Total Upvotes on Top Post (As of Sep 6)
🥇 (mCommunity Crocs + Bose Bluetooth Speaker)

@Inge 

🥈 (mCommunity Crocs + Raycon Work earbuds) @amecham  16
🥉 (mCommunity Crocs)

@Suman Chanda 

But that’s not all!

You may have noticed the same names have appeared a few times up there. In fact, over the 9 possible medals, there are only 5 unique users listed. So @kelly.bebenek and I put our heads together and decided that we will also be sending Crocs to these honorable mention competitors:

All users who submitted a final Dashboard

There were 7 total Dashboards submitted for the final challenge, and to be clear every single one of these dashboards ranked in the top 25 most viewed posts in mCommunity in the month of August! 

This means that in addition to @Inge, @amecham, and @Suman Chanda (whose dashboards are already linked above), plus the submissions by other medalists @Maria Dehne (Athletes Using Social Media) and @Cristina Mendes (Canada’s 2024 Olympics Journey), we will also be sending Crocs to @Will Swope (mOlympian Paris 2024 Brand Report) and @AKB Media (mCommunity Brand Report - Week 3 Olympics)!

Ok, so that’s seven - WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH THESE LAST TWO PAIRS?

Top Points Earners (not already included)

We decided that the best way to do this was to go down the leaderboard and find the top two points earners over the course of the competition who aren’t already covered in the dashboard submissions category. These means the final two pairs of mCommunity Crocs will be awarded to @DEClarke (6,025 points) and @LRobinson (3,280 points). 

If you have been tagged in this thread, keep an eye on your email inbox for an email for me so we can get more info to send you your prizes!

For those who have read this far, thank you for hanging in there! If you have any questions on how we determined any of the winners, please drop a comment in this thread or shoot me a DM and I’m happy to explain further 🙏 

Here’s your medal for making it this far:

Did you Achieve Your Learning Goal?

In our Opening Ceremonies thread, we asked you to set a goal for yourself, and some of you set some seriously ambitious ones!

We want to know - did you reach your goal? If yes, let us know if our workshops/discussion threads/quizzes/dashboard projects helped you. If not, let us know how we can do better next time! Drop your thoughts in the comments 👇 or DM them to me if you’re too shy 🙈

Thanks For the Memories 🔥

(If you now have Fall Out Boy stuck in your head...so do I)

But for real, this has been an amazing ride. We have learned so much from you all, and watched you create amazing things and take this project from an idea > to a search > to a refined search > to creative and fascinating Dashboards that knocked our socks off (or should I say “knocked our Crocs off?”) (No, I should not.)

Whether you’re an mCommunity Ride-or-Die, or you only just joined when you learned about this challenge, you all went above and beyond. We’re so happy to have you here, and we hope you stick around while we take a little break and plan our next big event for y’all!

Thank you from the whole mCommunity team! Don’t forget to share your post-event comedown thoughts and Friday feelings in the comments 👇 👇 👇 

Until next time ✌️

Bursting with excitement! A huge thank you to @Jacinda Espinosa and @kelly.bebenek for your incredible dedication. Your thoughtful efforts to recognize every participant and keep the competitive energy alive truly made the games unforgettable. I’m so grateful for everything you’ve done!

Congratulations to all the champions 🤝🏼 @Inge@amecham@Maria Dehne@Cristina Mendes@DEClarke@Will Swope@AKB Media and @LRobinson 🙌🏼 WE DID IT

🥇🥈🥉Congrats to all! 

I’m so grateful for everything you’ve done!

Agreeeddd!!! And congrats to you and everyone! So thankful to learn and grow alongside you all! 

OMG AWESOME! Way to go Olympians 😍 Thanks Meltwater folks for the great opportunity! You all did a great program!

To answer the question: I learned a lot and I think I managed to make my goal, which was to learn to create a custom category. The crisis management week helped with that immensely, but I also learned that while I learned something new, the custom category/crisis management is a very low possibility for our organization (we deliver bikes to kids, there isn’t a lot of negativity in that from a PR standpoint 😃). That being said, I love to learn so everything about this hands-on process has been so worthwhile!

Oh wow! Thank you @Jacinda Espinosa for the transparency on how the winners were chosen. Thank you Jacinda and @kelly.bebenek for all of you hard work on this challenge. You both worked so hard on making this fun and engaging, and the amount of mCommunity folx who dove in to participate is a testament to how well you executed this competition. Congratulations to all the winners! @Inge@Maria Dehne@Cristina Mendes@amecham@Suman Chanda@Will Swope@AKB Media, and @LRobinson, it was such a joy and honor to see your posts and learn with and from all of you. To everyone who participated, you made this a very special event. Your engagement and posts ensured we all had something to take away from this contest, so whether you’re one of the 9 winners ot not, WE ALL WON because of the growth we gained from the information you shared.

I look forward to seeing all you post and comment on posts across the various mCommunities groups going forward. Please don’t fade away and drift into the background now that the competition is done. Please stay active on this board, please continue to take mAcademy courses, and please come to next year’s Summit. I would love to see you there and meet you all in person. And, lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to UPLIFT: Connecting LGBTQ+ and Allied Professionals! I would love to see you interact with the topics posted there too.

Well said, @DEClarke !

Oh wow! Grateful to have been given the opportunity to participate and to have edged onto the leaderboard champion finals. I’ve never owned a pair of Crocs, but will proudly wear these bad boys! 

Thanks again for all of the work you all put into this competition. Creating something like this is not an easy task… please know your efforts do not go unnoticed! 

Congratulations to all of the mChampions! You all rock!!! 

@kelly.bebenek, I think we’re gonna need a Crocs photo at Summit 2025!!!

100% @DEClarke 

WOW! Congratulations everyone 🏆

Congrats everyone!!👏🏼 Love all the topics and dashboards created, lots of interesting takeaways.

Comment