Skip to main content

Snoop Dogg at the Paris Olympics - What was the media ROI?

Ever wondered what the ROI of having Snoop Dogg at the Olympics Paris 2024 was?

According to various sources, Snoop was paid $500k per day plus expenses! That’s 9million over the Olympics weeks! 

But, if you were following Olympic conversations like I was, you also know that media mentions went through the roof talking about Snoop in Paris.

I’ve created a custom Meltwater dashboard about the media impact of Snoop Dogg at the Summer Olympics

If you’re curious, like I was, click the link to view my custom dashboard: https://app.meltwater.com/report/scheduled-export/download.html?reportid=Zrn8ZZ6ZnJMeDKhG6FKJ7Ukh&format=pdf&title=&lang=en

And congrats to everyone who has completed this challenge!!

Nice work!

This is so cool! Sounds like a “ruff” life for Snoop! (I’ll see myself out...) 😂

But, if you were following Olympic conversations like I was, you also know that media mentions went through the roof talking about Snoop in Paris.

I honestly can’t believe how much he showed up to all the Games and neat to see the reaction of people 

This is such a novel and inspired interpretation of the assignment. Great angle!

Wow, Snoop Dogg’s ROI is incredible! 🎤💰 Your dashboard looks great. 

He was everywhere! 

This is such a novel and inspired interpretation of the assignment. Great angle!

Thanks so much! 

This is so cool! Sounds like a “ruff” life for Snoop! (I’ll see myself out...) 😂

😂😂😂 Thanks - and nice one! 

I honestly can’t believe how much he showed up to all the Games and neat to see the reaction of people 

Right? For me, it was really cool to see him with Martha Stewart at the equestrian events! I heard that he was actually afraid of horses and that’s why he asked her to come with him. Crazy how dedicated he was, though to every event! 

Thanks Cristina! Had a lot of fun with this one :) 

Nice work!

Thanks Maria! I enjoyed yours too! 

Such a cool report @amecham, the perspective was very interesting and fun!

Such a cool report @amecham, the perspective was very interesting and fun!

Thank you Suman - definitely one of the most fun reports I’ve done in a while :) 

He was everywhere! 

Right? haha His memes are the best ones!

Thanks Cristina! Had a lot of fun with this one :) 

🙌

What an awesome topic, I was asking this question myself.  9 million for 187k mentions, they paid $50 per mention - the joy those mentions gave me priceless.

Great topic and nice work!

Thanks Maria! I enjoyed yours too! 

Thanks so much!

Great work!!👏

What an awesome topic, I was asking this question myself.  9 million for 187k mentions, they paid $50 per mention - the joy those mentions gave me priceless.

Great topic and nice work!

True! It’s hard to put a price on cultural moments :) 

Comment