Skip to main content
Sticky Playbook

📗 mOlympians Week 3 Playbook: Building Brand & Campaign Reports

📗 mOlympians Week 3 Playbook: Building Brand & Campaign Reports

🏃 Welcome back for Week 3 of the mOlympian Summer Games in mCommunity! 🏃

Over the past two weeks, we’ve worked together to create solid brand searches around the Summer Olympics and custom categories to help us keep an eye on an unfolding crisis, and set up digests and alerts along the way to get the relevant info right in our inboxes. Now it’s time to push to the next level and your final challenge: Building Brand & Campaign Reports!

This week’s challenge will work a little differently, so be sure to read through the Playbook for full instructions on submitting your project 👇

Week 3 Objective

Mission:

This week, your task is to create a shareable Dashboard focused on the Summer Olympics using everything you've learned so far and Boolean searches you developed during the Summer Games. While the theme is the Summer Olympics, you have complete creative freedom to design something you would personally find useful or interesting.

To compete this week you will need to:

1. Complete Training
  2. Complete Quiz
  3. Post your Dashboard in mCommunity
  4. Share your Dashboard with your Network
  5. Support your mCommunity Teammates

Resources:

Complete Training:

The product workshop Building Brand & Campaign Reports is offered at two different times. Please register for the one that works best for your schedule*:

*Can’t make it? Recordings will be posted in mCommunity within 24 hours of each workshop.

🆕 to Dashboards? We’ll show you the ropes in the Creating Dashboards with Meltwater mAcademy course!

Complete Quiz for a Badge & Points:

After attending the workshop, you must complete the assessment quiz in mAcademy to be awarded the credential and points for course completion.

Post your Dashboard in mCommunity

Once your Dashboard is ready, create a new post in this mCommunity category (Summer mOlympians 2024)​​​​​ and include:

• A link to your shareable Dashboard
  • Context or insights to help others understand and appreciate your report

Share your Dashboard with your Network 

After posting your Dashboard, share the link with your network to maximize visibility. Use the hashtags #meltwatercommunity and #mOlympian2024 so we can track your activity.

Here’s a sample of a LinkedIn post:

Over the past three weeks, I’ve been participating in a learning challenge in the Meltwater Community to improve my proficiency with Meltwater tools for brand monitoring, communications, and reporting. I’ve created a custom dashboard about the Summer Olympics, and I’m calling on my network to check out my report and help me win the prize for the most views!

Follow the link to learn more about my experience and view my custom dashboard and help me take the gold 🏅:

ahttps://community.meltwater.com/summer-molympians-2024-121/YOUR POST ID]

#meltwatercommunity #mOlympian2024

Pro tip: share your link as soon as it’s ready! The cutoff for all page views and votes is next Friday, September 6, at 11:59 pm UTC, so the sooner your link is out there, the more time you’ll have to collect views.

Challenges to Compete In:

Unlike the previous challenges, this week’s entry will have winners! The winners will be determined by: 

1. Top 3 Dashboards by Views:
    The most-viewed Dashboards will be recognized, so make sure to promote your Dashboard widely and share it externally.
  2. Top 3 Dashboards by Likes:
    The Dashboards with the most likes from mCommunity members will also be recognized, so encourage your peers to vote for your entry.

While you are not required to vote for others’ entries, you’ll continue to accrue points for likes and comments, and you’ll be more likely to get votes and feedback yourself!

Support Your Teammates 

After you’ve shared your dashboard, be sure to show your Olympic spirit by showing some love to your mCommunity team mates! Vote for the entries you like best by clicking the Like button on their posts.

Unlike the previous challenges, this week’s entry will have winners! The winners will be determined by total views of their report, and by votes given (in the form of likes on their post) by the rest of mCommunity.

While you are not required to vote for others’ entries, you’ll continue to accrue points for likes and comments, and you’ll be more likely to get votes and feedback yourself!

We’re getting close to the finish line, people 🙌 You’ve all done so much amazing work up to this point, and we’re confident that your reports will blow us away! Let’s make our Olympic dreams come true ✨

Also FYI: last week’s leaderboard is now fully up to date with points totals if you want to check your standing going in to this week 🙌

Ok, SUPER excited about the week 3 module - but that GIF/race was one of my top 3 favorite moments of the Olympics! 

The final sprint, how exciting!!!! Looking forward to the training and even more so to challenging myself with the dashboard. 

Is there a deadline by which to complete the dashboard? And is final cut-off for views etc. 6 September? #askingforafriend 👀

Good luck, all!

Also FYI: last week’s leaderboard is now fully up to date with points totals if you want to check your standing going in to this week 🙌

Very helpful! Thanks for sharing :) 

The final sprint, how exciting!!!! Looking forward to the training and even more so to challenging myself with the dashboard. 

Is there a deadline by which to complete the dashboard? And is final cut-off for views etc. 6 September? #askingforafriend 👀

Good luck, all!

@Inge - technically, there isn’t really a deadline for the Dashboard. The cutoff for pageviews and upvotes is 6 September, but any Dashboard shared before then will be scored on those two metrics.

Unofficially, we recommend that you submit it sooner rather than later, since it will give you more time to circulate it and pump up your numbers! 

I’m so excited to see everyone’s dashboards!!!

Question: I have my advance search so that it picks up French and English for the Olympics exercise. If I want to separate the metrics for them by language, do I duplicate the metric in the dashboard and then filter the original and duplicate by language?
For example:
Let’s say I want to see Top Publications by Reach and separate them into a French widget and an English widget. I’d duplicate the original widget in the report, and then I’d go in and edit both original/duplicate so one would filter into English, and one into French.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Question: I have my advance search so that it picks up French and English for the Olympics exercise. If I want to separate the metrics for them by language, do I duplicate the metric in the dashboard and then filter the original and duplicate by language?
For example:
Let’s say I want to see Top Publications by Reach and separate them into a French widget and an English widget. I’d duplicate the original widget in the report, and then I’d go in and edit both original/duplicate so one would filter into English, and one into French.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

That’s a great question. I’m not sure of the answer. Are you in the Zoom? Maybe ask this there?

For example:

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

P.S. I asked this in today’s Zoom. So, please watch the recording to hear the answer to this question! Such a great question to ask @AKB Media!

For example:

Does this make sense?

Thanks!

P.S. I asked this in today’s Zoom. So, please watch the recording to hear the answer to this question! Such a great question to ask @AKB Media!

Thanks @DEClarke appreciate the help - will follow up!

Hello again - sorry for the questions - trying to keep up!
Do we want to share the Brand Overview Dashboard AND the Earned Media Dashboard? Or just one or the other?
Thanks!

Sorry, I feel like I should know this but I’m confused how to post within this category to add my dashboard. Can you point me in the right direction?

P.S. I asked this in today’s Zoom. So, please watch the recording to hear the answer to this question! 

Well done!

@Jacinda Espinosa, I tried to click the link to the quiz, and I think it took me to the wrong URL…
It takes me to https://meltwater-en.insided.com/#Complete+Quiz+for+a+Badge+&+Points:, which looks like this:

Please help!

Sorry, I feel like I should know this but I’m confused how to post within this category to add my dashboard. Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi @Will Swope, towards the top of the page, there’s a link you can click to start a new thread. I’ve put a hot pink box around it in this screen grab:

I hope that helps!

@Jacinda Espinosa, I tried to click the link to the quiz, and I think it took me to the wrong URL…
It takes me to https://meltwater-en.insided.com/#Complete+Quiz+for+a+Badge+&+Points:, which looks like this

It appears most/all of the links are going to the same place. Super odd indeed!

For those asking about the link to the quiz… scroll down on the mOlympians Week 3 Playbook page. There is a subsection between complete training and post your dashboard in mcommunity called Complete Quiz for a Badge & Points. While the other links to the quiz go to that Gainsight CC login page, this other link “ASSESSMENT QUIZ IN mACADEMY” took me right to it.  

@DEClarke Thank you for the help on how to get to a new post! Really appreciate it! I have a busy week ahead so I needed to get these done today. 

For those asking about the link to the quiz… scroll down on the mOlympians Week 3 Playbook page. There is a subsection between complete training and post your dashboard in mcommunity called Complete Quiz for a Badge & Points. While the other links to the quiz go to that Gainsight CC login page, this other link “ASSESSMENT QUIZ IN mACADEMY” took me right to it.  

Great tip! Thanks!

It takes me to https://meltwater-en.insided.com/#Complete+Quiz+for+a+Badge+&+Points:, which looks like this

It appears most/all of the links are going to the same place. Super odd indeed!

Same note here

Here’s a correct link for the quiz: https://academy.meltwater.com/courses/summer-olympics-product-workshop-report-building

Wow thanks everyone for figuring out the quiz link debacle! Not sure what happened there, but I will update the post with the correct links. For everyone confused, @Inge has it right in the post just before this one! ☝️ 

(Edit: the hopto links have been fixed! 🙌 Thanks again for the catch!)

I *think* I added my brand report correctly - I follow the process to submit a question/start a conversation, right? Fingers crossed the post will appear soon… 

Also, I added the report as PDF and provided a link to the PDF file - is that right?

@AKB Media  – you only have to post one, you can also include both of them into 1 post.

@Will Swope  – It’s looks like you posted your report, so I think you are good now, let me know if not (Nice job being first!)

@Inge  – You posted correctly and thank you for providing the correct link to the quiz. Love your Presentation Image!

Here are the Quizzes from each week:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3 

@AKB Media  – you only have to post one, you can also include both of them into 1 post.

@Will Swope  – It’s looks like you posted your report, so I think you are good now, let me know if not (Nice job being first!)

@Inge  – You posted correctly and thank you for providing the correct link to the quiz. Love your Presentation Image!

Here are the Quizzes from each week:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3 

Thank you @kelly.bebenek! Not all heroes wear capes, but maybe you should!

Comment