Skip to main content

mOlympian Brand Report- Athletes Using Social Media

🤳I’m not sure I’ve done this completely the way we were supposed to, but I have tried my best! It was mentioned that while the focus was on the Summer Olympics, we had the creative freedom to design something we would personally find useful or interesting within that theme.

So, using everything I’ve learned so far on Boolean searches and such, below is my attempt at a Brand Report, which I tried to focus on how Olympic athletes were using social media during the timeframe of the Games. Being in the social media field myself, and enjoying many of the posts the athletes were posting, I thought this could be a good chance to practice using this topic and the project at hand (some of my favorite content creators/athletes were from the female US rugby player, Ilona Maher - and the US pole vaulter, Katie Moon (who just so happens is an alum of my college!) 

Here’s my shareable link: 
https://app.meltwater.com/report/public/tXFBEhiLcYHrPNgrZ7hjfkZz

Password: ParisSocialMedia4

I found the mentions trend by source type and the sentiment sections particular interesting (and I always love a good key word bubble!). While still learning boolean strings, I’m confident I could learn more to better refine my search for even better and expanded results. 

Sounds like boolean searches are now “easy peasy” for you .

Will reach out for collaboration ☺️

Sounds like boolean searches are now “easy peasy” for you .

Definitely a work in progress, thanks!

@Maria Dehne I know this part of the product isn’t part of your daily work. You are so impressive because you are such a great learner. Your report is awesome and it was interesting to see which widgets you did choose to report on.

Do you use any of the Measure reports for your daily social media reporting?

That’s a neat approach to take re: focusing on social media posts from the athletes. Did anything in the results surprise you?

Thanks so much, @DEClarke ! One of the source types was surprising to me, Line Voom. I don’t think I had heard of that before and had to Google it. 

@Maria Dehne I know this part of the product isn’t part of your daily work. You are so impressive because you are such a great learner. Your report is awesome and it was interesting to see which widgets you did choose to report on. Do you use any of the Measure reports for your daily social media reporting?

Thank you so much! Some of this stuff can be intimidating to use or figure out, but appreciate these types of exercises to encourage folks to try them out, fail, learn, try again, learn from others, etc etc. In regards to Measure reports, the Cross Channel Tags has been super helpful for many things. As well as the Overview options for individual channels. Amongst other things. Always learning and figuring things out! 

Great work! Love the chosen topic, especially with the focus on how Olympic athletes use social media! 🏅

Great work! Love the chosen topic, especially with the focus on how Olympic athletes use social media! 🏅

Thanks so much! 💻📱📸

Thanks so much, @DEClarke ! One of the source types was surprising to me, Line Voom. I don’t think I had heard of that before and had to Google it. 

I’m not familiar with that source type either.

I’m not familiar with that source type either.

Glad I’m not the only one! 

Awesome stuff! I’m pretty sure I didn’t do mine exactly right but I’m learning too. I’m pretty new to Meltwater so this space and these exercises have been extremely helpful! I LOVE your front page photo!  

Thanks so much, @AKB Media

... but I’m learning too. I’m pretty new to Meltwater so this space and these exercises have been extremely helpful!

Agreed ❗️

Agree with everyone here, your thought process of choosing to go with a different view point is pretty interesting. Great report and some new insights!

This weekend I thought more on your report, It would be insightful to analyze social media usage trends among athletes across the last four Olympic Games. By comparing the volume of mentions, engagement, and platform usage over time, we can determine whether athletes' social media presence is growing at a rate that exceeds general trends. This analysis could reveal valuable insights into the evolving role of social media in the sports world and its impact on athletes' personal branding.

Thanks @Suman Chanda !

What an interesting idea, @kelly.bebenek - thank you! 

Nice work😊

Nice work😊

Thanks so much! 

This weekend I thought more on your report, It would be insightful to analyze social media usage trends among athletes across the last four Olympic Games. By comparing the volume of mentions, engagement, and platform usage over time, we can determine whether athletes' social media presence is growing at a rate that exceeds general trends. This analysis could reveal valuable insights into the evolving role of social media in the sports world and its impact on athletes' personal branding.

LOVE THIS @kelly.bebenek !!! It really would add some great depth to the report and help inform suggestions for future games and social engagement.

It really would add some great depth to the report and help inform suggestions for future games and social engagement.

Agreed!

I get some of my best ideas on the weekend too!! 😄

I get some of my best ideas on the weekend too!! 😄

Ha, yes! I must write them down immediately before forgetting! 

Comment