Skip to main content

Seeking Mid-Senior or Senior PR and/or Communications Role - Remote, Hybrid, or In-Person

• 24 July 2024
  • 3 Replies

Hi fellow mCommunities users,

Unfortunately, my Deputy Press Secretary position with NYC Public Schools (Department of Education) was eliminated on Friday, July 19, 2024. So, I am looking for work. I have been putting out resumes, but I figured I would also turn to you all to see if anyone could supply any leads for Remote or NYC-based Hybrid and In-Person opportunities ideally at the Mid-Senior to Senior level in Public Relations (PR) and/or Communications.

My professional background (available for review on my LinkedIn profile) showcases a comprehensive skill set in Public Relations and Communications, combining strategic planning, media relations, and digital marketing expertise gained through roles in diverse organizations such as NYC Public Schools (Department of Education), NYC Pride | Heritage of Pride, Inc., The WNET Group, Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater, National Sawdust, and Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Additionally, my educational background in English literature further enhances my communication abilities, making me well-equipped for roles requiring strong writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills.

My Key Skills and Abilities:

• Media Relations: Proven ability to manage media relationships, pitch stories, and secure press coverage across various platforms.
  • Writing and Communication: Strong writing skills demonstrated through press releases, media pitches, and content creation for digital and traditional media.
  • Event Management: Experience in organizing and managing press conferences, interviews, and promotional events.
  • Digital Marketing: Proficiency in developing and executing digital marketing strategies, including email campaigns and social media management.
  • Strategic Planning: Ability to develop and implement strategic communications plans to meet organizational goals.

I was also recently honored by PR Week, when they included me in their 2024 Pride in PR list.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Will keep my eyes open!

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Thank you @Maria Dehne! I’m most familiar with the Arts & Entertainment / Events spaces. But, I’m open to working in any and all industries. I always love to learn NEW things, so I am very adaptable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Awesome, thank you, @DEClarke ! 

Comment