Skip to main content
Sticky Competition

๐Ÿ… Ever Wanted to be the Communications Manager for the Summer Olympics?

๐Ÿ… Ever Wanted to be the Communications Manager for the Summer Olympics?

Have you ever wondered if you have what it takes to be an Olympian? Maybe not at gymnastics or fencing, but our mCommunity #FriendsWithInsights run campaigns and manage crises like Olympians! Thatโ€™s why weโ€™re so excited to host our own Summer Games here in mCommunity, designed to recognize your industry skills while you grow your Meltwater knowledge and experience.

ย 

What is it?

Our mCommunity Summer Games is a competition that helps you level up your use of the Meltwater suite and rewards your effort and skill along the way. The games begin on Monday, July 30 and run for six weeks, concluding on Friday, September 6.

ย 

Youโ€™ll assume the role of Communications Manager for the Summer Olympics. Participate in weekly workshops and challenges, themed around different industry use cases. At the end of Week 4, weโ€™ll award fabulous prizes (including a Fitbit, Bose portable Bluetooth speaker, and an Apple Watch!) to gold, silver, and bronze medallists.

ย 

How it works:ย 

ย 

Step 1: Register for mCommunity

All mCommunity Summer Olympians must be registered members of mCommunity. To become a member, sign in using your Meltwater Product login.

ย 

ย 

Step 2: Register for a Summer Olympian Product Workshop

Each week, we will host a Product Workshop offered at two different time zones.

ย 

Anyone who registers for at least one of the weekly workshops will automatically be entered into the competition.

ย 

Step 3: Subscribe to the Summer mOlympian 2024 Channelย 

Every Monday, we will share a weekly assignment, resources and a reminder to the above training workshop (yes they will be recorded) in the Summer mOlympians 2024 channel.ย  Subscribe to make sure you never miss a Monday drop!

ย 

Step 4: Engage, Attend Workshops, Complete Assignments & Quizzes to Earn Points

There will be 3 ways to win:
ย 

1. Most Points Game:

Earn points by interacting with your fellow mOlympians in the Summer mOlympians 2024 channel in mCommunity and by:

• Complete an Academy Course or a Workshop Quiz - 100 points
    • Complete any Academy course and get 100 points; points will automatically be awarded in the Community
    • The above Product Workshops will also have a quiz and badgeย  - thatโ€™s 300 points!
  • Create or Reply to a Post - 20 Points
  • Answer a Question - 25 Points
  • Indicate a Best Answer โœ… - 10 Points
  • Receive an Upvote ๐Ÿ‘ - 5 Points
  • Give an Upvote ๐Ÿ‘ - 1 Point

ย 

Final Challenge Games:

At the end of the event, youโ€™ll use everything you learned to build a Dashboard and share it in mCommunity for two more ways to win.ย ย 

• 2. Top 3 Dashboards by Views (you will be able to share these externally)
  • 3. Top 3 Dashboards by Likesย 

ย 

Step 5: Take the Gold!

At the end of Week 4, weโ€™ll award Gold, Silver, and Bronze medallists for three different โ€œGames.โ€ All medallists will win the Summer Athletic Shoe of the year (according to Simone Biles) custom mCommunity Crocs + mOlympian Jibbitz:

ย 

AD_4nXd2CrFgNGPoKXmiKC0VlxRtTEQM6UZLVIm9QzSftFI_9OsQ23v_5196HgoYvTMZ2FXZV8IM5JRNNtLpoPFps663NXKVJXFKeG5Tkb0yNluQb4hW6Gi4uegSKz2PUfJ5WiK4r80oa6rpjkj34EgnrVynZ5wu?key=x9blHmPEhP7EOkkS6BuHMQ

ย 

Gold and Silver medalists will also take home additional goodies on top of these truly glorious pieces of footwear:

• Most Points earned:
    • Gold: Apple Watch Series 7 (45mm Midnight Grey) + mCommunity Crocs
    • Silver: Raycon Work earbuds + mCommunity Crocs
    • Bronze: mCommunity Crocs
  • Most Upvotes on Final Challenge Dashboard submission:
    • Gold: Bose SoundLink Revolve II Bluetooth Speaker + mCommunity Crocs
  • Most Views on Final Challenge Dashboard submission
    • Gold: Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker + mCommunity Crocs

ย 

Note: In lieu of a prize, winners can choose to make a $100 donation to the Special Olympics

ย 

ย 

Let the games begin by registering for one of the above workshops! ๐Ÿ”ฅ

ย 

ย 

The Fine Print:

• All participants must be registered members of mCommunity.
  • Entry is automatic upon registration of at least one Summer Olympian product workshop.
  • Points are awarded based on various mCommunity actions. See the list above for details.
  • The competition runs from July 30th, 12:00 AM UTC to September 6, 11:59 PM UTC.
  • The winners will be announced and contacted on Tuesday, September 10, 2024.The winner must be a current Meltwater customer and member of mCommunity to claim the prize.
  • All normal Community Guidelines apply.

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

This is sooooooo exciting!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Those mCommunityย crocs are so cute!

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‰So fun!ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Absolutely love these competitions! @Sandyreyesย are you ready? lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Those mCommunityย crocs are so cute!

ย 

IKR? I always said I would never wear Crocs but then I saw these ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Excited to see all of you on board for this one! ๐Ÿคฉ

Userlevel 2

This looks exciting. Canโ€™t wait!

Userlevel 3

Those Crocs! ๐Ÿ˜

Userlevel 2

Letโ€™s hope we can stay on top of everything!

Userlevel 2

This seems fun! I hope I can stay on top of everything, because those Crocs looks awesome. :)ย 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Woot Woot! What a fun way to celebrate the Olympics and learn at the same time.

Userlevel 2

Such a fun way to increase engagement and stay involved with the Olympics!ย ๐Ÿ…

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Iโ€™m joining strictly for the crocs haha

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This is what I like...Fun learning!ย  Letโ€™s Go!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Yay! I love these kinds of events. :)ย 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Iโ€™ve just finished producing 25 advanced boolean scripts and custom categories (with the help of Meltwaterโ€™s handy AI assistant!) so I think Iโ€™m fit for this competition! Can we request Crocs in kids size? Asking for a friendย ๐Ÿคฃ

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@emilie.ngย Nice work! Winners can request any size for the Crocs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Look for me at the top of the leaderboard!ย ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿฅ‰

ย 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Canโ€™t wait!ย ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿคบ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŠโ›น๐Ÿšด๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคผ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒ

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Glad to be a part of the mCommunity and excited to learn how to truly optimize this product (all while having some fun)!ย ๐ŸŽ‰

Userlevel 3

Iโ€™m here for the Crocs! But also really excited to learn more in a fun environment!

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Love this! Will there be a way for us to track our points in our profile or do we need to track manually?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Love this! Will there be a way for us to track our points in our profile or do we need to track manually?

Thanks!

Also, curious if we can take more than one academy course for more points or if itโ€™s just one course?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@AKB Mediaย You can track your points via the leaderboard on the Home Page.ย ย 

@LRobinson is currently in first place! @Cristina Mendes will be someone to watch.

To answer your 2nd question - You can take any Academy courses to get more points (100 points each).

Userlevel 2

This is soo cool..ย  Ready to get my Gold medal๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‡ Those crocs are so cute๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@AKB Mediaย You can track your points via the leaderboard on the Home Page.ย ย 

@LRobinson is currently in first place! @Cristina Mendes will be someone to watch.

To answer your 2nd question - You can take any Academy courses to get more points (100 points each).

Awesome, thank you!

Comment