Skip to main content

Brand Report: Australia at the Olympics - Was Raygun Really All That Bad?

Here it is! My brand report on Australia at the 2024 Olympics - attached in PDF or see link at the bottom.

A few points to note:

• Cheeky frontpage, I know. But I like to be bold and figured this would grab attention. Plus, as the report shows, breakdancing was actually a positive highlight.

• I focused on tier 1 & tier 2 global news outlets – this is my usual “day-job” focus area. This obviously leaves out a lot of the social coverage.

• I used the Brand Template but tweaked it quite a bit to help with my story-telling.

• In addition to an overall search for Australia at the Olympics, I used separate searches to highlight Australia’s most successful Olympic sports (swimming, athletics, cycling) + to allow for a deep-dive on Raygun – undoubtedly Australia’s most famous Olympic participant.

Enjoy – would love your feedback!

https://app.meltwater.com/report/scheduled-export/download.html?reportid=7QVZzUtEALHxm3jhxXKDMBUB&format=pdf&title=&lang=en

What a fantastic report, @Inge ! I really enjoyed how you used images and slide themes to tell the story. I especially appreciated your focus on tiered news, keeping it centered on Australia, and how well it aligned with your daily work. Great job!

This report is so well designed and informative, @Inge! Great work. I love your major takeaways too.

Great job!

Wow! Great report, @Inge🏆

I love how you designed the report adding images to the slides. Pretty awesome :)

I LOVE slide 7! Very good idea on the layout and you presented a lot of information and its in a very easy to digest and very visual format!  Interesting that swimming did not show up in the key words, but I wonder if it was due to more of a focus on individual swimming events versus swimming in general.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the presentation! It is so wholesome, great storytelling and. visually appealing, the perfect balance! Good one @Inge 🏆

Crisp and clean! Great report!

Love it! I especially liked how you edited each graph’s headline to something relevant to readers - will have to use that in my future reports! 

Love it! I especially liked how you edited each graph’s headline to something relevant to readers - will have to use that in my future reports! 

Yes! The generic chart titles can be so…. meh! I tried to make every word count.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the presentation! It is so wholesome, great storytelling and. visually appealing, the perfect balance! Good one @Inge 🏆

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I love how you designed the report adding images to the slides. Pretty awesome :)

Some careful selecting of media clips that included an image!!

What a fantastic report, @Inge ! I really enjoyed how you used images and slide themes to tell the story. I especially appreciated your focus on tiered news, keeping it centered on Australia, and how well it aligned with your daily work. Great job!

Aww that’s great feedback - thank you! :-) 

Brilliant report with intelligent insights to take away for the reader! Great job, Inge! 👏

Brilliant report with intelligent insights to take away for the reader! Great job, Inge! 👏

That's a real compliment coming from you, Sakshi! ❤️

Comment