Location: New York, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2023
Relation to role: Hiring Manager
As the Senior Social Media Manager at Meltwater, you'll be the driving force behind our social media presence. Your role is not just about managing our social accounts; it's about creating the future of our social media program. You will develop and implement a global strategy to connect with our audiences, tell compelling stories, and create meaningful engagement.
What you'll do:
- Tell our story: You must be a strong writer. We need a storyteller capable of weaving words (not only eye-catching imagery) together to bring our brand to life on social. If you have a background as a copywriter, journalist, or editor, you may possess the exceptional writing skills required for this role. And if you are comfortable telling that story on-camera through Instagram Reels or TikToks, that's a huge plus.
- Reimagine content: You must be able to reimagine existing content, transforming blog posts, guides, webinars, and other resources into captivating social-first content. In your eyes, every page of an 30-page report could be a social post. Repurposing isn't a dirty word here. It is actually encouraged.
- Ideate creative content: You'd describe yourself as being "in the know" about the latest memes, trending audios, and content formats. By tapping into the cultural zeitgeist, you will generate creative ideas for social media campaigns that showcase our brand narrative and highlight our products.
- Build a content strategy: What channels should we be active on? What should our brand personality on social be? What type of content — and how often — will we post? You'll consider these questions (and many more!) as you develop a robust social media content strategy to drive engagement and brand awareness.
- Publish and analyze social posts: You'll manage the end-to-end social publishing workflow across various social platforms, from ideation to scheduling. Once a post is shared, the fun part begins. You'll utilize data from the Meltwater platform to measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns and adjust our strategy for greater impact.
- Collaborate across teams: You'll coordinate cross-functionally to produce creative assets and ensure campaign messaging aligns with our overall strategy. Our Design, Product Marketing, Field Marketing, PR, and Content teams are here to help you bring your campaign ideas to life.
- Drive employee engagement: We are a global organization of 2,300 people in 35 offices, and only by connecting with these global employees can you convey that story — and the individual stories of our diverse employees — on social. You’ll champion our internal advocates and develop new ones as you grow our social program.
- Community building: You'll maximize our large following on platforms like LinkedIn to cultivate an engaged community by actively responding to comments, messages, and mentions. You'll also use the Meltwater platform to find relevant influencers and monitor for opportunities to expand our community.
- 7-10 years of experience running social media at a tech company
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- A creative thinker able to generate ideas on how to reimagine or repurpose content
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Proficiency in social media analytics tools and platforms