#Experts

Meet Melissa Walters, #ExpertWithInsights (Brand Reputation and Crisis Monitoring)

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies
Meet Melissa Walters, #ExpertWithInsights (Brand Reputation and Crisis Monitoring)
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Introducing our next Expert, Melissa Walters, Trends and Insights Manager at Solvay. We’ve asked Melissa to share a little about her expertise 

About my role and scope

My role is a Global Trends and Insights Manager in Corporate Communications at Solvay Group. Solvay is a global leader in Materials, Solutions, and Chemicals headquartered in Belgium. We're a science company whose technologies deliver benefits to many aspects of daily life. 

From my home base in Brooklyn, New York and my office in Princeton, New Jersey I lead a data team focused on Solvay's web and social media presence. We aim to develop a strong digital content strategy that fuels our channels and delivers audiences what they want in a compliant way. Together with a Data Analyst, we're in charge of website(s) performance, data strategy, SEO, GDPR, and tools governance at Solvay. 

I've been with the company for nine years. My previous roles with Solvay include Marketing Communications with a focus on tradeshow development, customer communications, and product launches, as well as Social Media Manager where I built a strong foundation for Solvay's online presence. I've launched initiatives to engage employees and develop thought leadership with our C-Suite on social media, as well as enter Solvay into new domains where a traditional B2B brand wasn't expected to be. 

Company Overview

Solvay’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water, and air purification systems. This requires a sophisticated and structured approach to product and brand tracking, reflecting the wide range of solutions designed for varied audiences.

Our approach to brand management is all-encompassing, recognizing the importance and value of print and online media exposure. Working in close collaboration with the External Communications team, we’ve built a system in Meltwater that allows us to monitor our reputation across the whole media spectrum. We use both traditional press, including clippings and mentions on social media to keep a close watch on conversations about our brand. 

My #Experts Focus

I work in a sector that isn’t as straightforward when it comes to media monitoring and social listening. Particularly on social media, the chemical industry conversations can often be hidden and difficult to decipher. At the same time, we’re a global brand and conversations that interest my team can bring in a large amount of data. What’s the best approach to gather the most relevant mentions and ensure insights stemming from the analysis make an impact?

My #Experts series will focus on brand reputation and crisis monitoring, more specifically - looking at ways to minimize risk through the smart use of data.

I can’t wait for you to join me in the series full of practical examples and technical tips & tricks on

• Brand tracker set up to help minimize & control potential crises

• Data clean up & structure to drive relevance

• Trends detection and using social data to keep up with the consumer

My first post will be on November 15.  I look forward to connecting with you in the community. You can also reach out on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/waltersmelissa/ 

Melissa

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sounds awesome, @melissa.walters !

Very excited to hear your insights Melissa! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Looking forward to the upcoming Q&A with Danny and Melissa!